Your pets are more than just mere animals, they have managed to worm their way into your heart and demand esteemed membership into your family. You love them, so of course you want them healthy and of course you want the Green, because that is what you are. It makes no sense to be eco-friendly alone; nothing will get done if you’re the only one making an effort. Being green is not an individual practice; instead, it is a lifestyle that encourages the participation of your family as well as your friends, community and yes, even your pets.
Keeping your Pets Healthy and Eco-friendly:
- Feed them All-natural Formula: Research should be done before you commit to a brand of food for your pet. Avoid low quality foods that contain wheat, corn gluten and unreadable ingredients. The food you feed them should come from all natural sources and should contain beneficial properties that will enhance their health and immunity.
- No Table Scraps: It becomes difficult to ignore the sweet stare of a begging pooch; however, feeding your cat or dog table scraps is an unhealthy habit to practice. Firstly, doing so can promote aggression. Also, certain foods can be quite dangerous for animals as their digestive systems differ from our own. Some foods to avoid include chocolate, bread, onions, tomatoes and citrus.
Keep them Active: immobility encourages stiffness and shorter lifespan, exercise your pets by making them work; run up and down the stairs, throw balls or take them swimming.
- Buy Eco-Alternatives: There are eco-friendly alternatives to almost everything we use and that includes animal products. Buy pet beds made from natural fibers and zero dyes, biodegradable curbing bags, stainless steel food bowls and recycled collars.
- Dry Brushing: Dry brushing does much more than detangle fur and sooth itches, brushing your pets with a soft dry brush will promote circulation and balance the core.
- Natural Personal Care: Use all natural personal care on your pets whenever possible. Look for natural shampoos, oral care as well as natural flea and tick medication.
Your pets may not quite understand your efforts, nevertheless when you take the time to selflessly include them in your lifestyle of health and sustainability, they will reward you with optimal health and years of sweet slobbery kisses.