DRIVEWAYS – (5:1) To remove oil stains from driveways or garage floors, spray with water first, then spray with ENVIRO-ONE™ solution. Let sit several minutes. Rub briskly with a stiff brush. Rinse.
7 Ways to Rid your Home of Chemicals
Mainstream media tried to tell us that we need synthetic chemicals in order to freshen our air, ward off bugs, style our hair and clean our homes, and, we actually believed them. We believed that a tin of rose smelling chemicals can actually enhance the quality of our air when the fact is, it does the exact opposite. Synthetic chemicals have been called out for being one of the biggest environmental and health offenders in existence, not only do these chemicals emit harsh toxins into the atmosphere, they can also cause disruption in the balance of our hormones which can generate the development of disease and disorders.
The growth of green space has inspired awareness; the harsh truths about household chemicals are being learnt and more of you are seeking ways to get rid of them, check out the tips below for inspiration.
7 Ways to Rid your Home of Chemicals:
- Green Cleaning: Cleaning supplies is where you will find a lot of harsh chemicals, ditch them and start cleaning with eco-friendly products that are just as effective without emitting toxins.
- Clean your Air with Houseplants: Plants are nature’s air fresheners; they absorb harsh chemicals and replace it with body loving oxygen.
- Himalayan Salt Lamps: Himalayan salt lamps naturally purifies the air and ward off toxins, they are perfect in household with allergy sufferers.
- Green your Beauty: Everything from the nail polish on your toes to the gel in put in your hair is toxic. Green your beauty by paying attention to your purchases. There are safer alternatives available, read those labels.
- Clean your Carpets: Carpets can absorb chemicals tracked in from outside so it is important to clean your carpets often with a gentle eco-friendly formula.
- Open a Window: Statistics show that the quality of your indoor air is actually poorer than the air outside. Opening windows when the weather permits will keep the house well aerated and fresh.
- Take off your Shoes: It is easy to invite chemicals in the home with your shoes. Get into the habit of taking your shoes off upon arrival; this will lessen the amount of chemicals entering the home.
There is no way to rid the home of all the chemicals because we unfortunately live in a chemical dependent world, however the simple tips above are powerful enough to get rid of some.
Just because your cleaning products smell good, that doesn’t mean it is good. The fragrances added to your cleaning products could be toxic. Take some time to find out what’s inside your cleaning supplies. The well being of your family could depend on what you know. Remember this, “cleaning does not have to be toxic.”
- HYDROCHLORIC ACID
- ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL
- PERFUMES OR FRAGRANCE
- PETROLEUM PRODUCTS
- PROPYLENE GLYCOL
- SODIUM LAUREL SULFATE
- SYNTHETIC CHEMICALS
“FDA has issued a warning to consumers nationwide that an outbreak of Salmonella…”, reads a statement from the Food and Drug Administrations website. It seems like this is coming all to common to hear that our fruits and vegetables (tomato) are being contaminated with deadly bacteria such as Salmonella and E-Coli. The bad part about this warning is we have no way of finding out about these outbreaks before these produce find their way on our dinner tables.
According to the FDA, the best way to help remove these harmful bacteria is to wash your produce thoroughly under running water. But we all know, as well as the FDA, that water alone cannot remove all of the toxic chemical residues and bacteria from our produce. And since the FDA does not recommend using any kinds of detergents to wash fresh produce, because it is not yet known if their residues are harmful to humans, that leaves us asking the question, “What are we to do.” Are we to just continue gambling the well being of our families by taking chances with potentially fatal bacteria exposures? Are we to stop eating produce which are important in maintaining a well balanced diet?
For this reason, Enviro-One is pleased to announce the release of their Fruit and Vegetable Wash, a formula made from 100% natural ingredients. An independent test has shown that Enviro-One formula effectively removes 99% of Escherichia coli (E. coli) and Salmonella typhimurium. Unlike other commercial cleaners that rely on chemicals to perform the cleaning, which can leave chemical residues that may also be harmful to your health, all of Enviro-One ingredients are found on the Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) “Generally Recognized as Safe” (GRAS) list. Because of this safety factor, NO WARNING LABEL OF ANY KIND is required to be placed on Enviro-One formulas by any Federal, State or municipal agency.
What makes Enviro-One Fruit and Vegetable Wash formula unique is the use of Colloidal Micelle Chemistry. This chemistry allows the use of tiny molecules that are so active that they can penetrate much larger molecules, and, acting like tiny jackhammers, actually break apart those larger molecules into biodegradable components.
According to the Enviro-One’s website, you can use the Fruit & Vegetable wash on all produce. They recommend spraying the produce and letting it soak in a bowl of water for 5 to 10 minutes before eating or storing. You may also use it to wash your hands, cutting boards and counter tops between the preparation of raw meat and the preparation of produce that will not be cooked.